Job Title: Design Engineer – Lighting
Reporting to: VP, Engineering and Product Design
Salary Range: $65,000 – $95,000 + Benefits to permanent employee
Job Type: Temporary or permanent, must be US Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or US Citizen
Location: Montgomeryville, PA
The Client is a leading manufacturer of light fixtures for the commercial and industrial lighting industry.
This individual will be part of a growing team of engineers responsible for new product design and
existing product engineering improvement using solid modeling, 3D CAD and 2D drawings.
From concept through finished design this individual will:
- Create new parts, assemblies and drawings for LED lighting fixtures using Solidworks.
- Have deep knowledge of manufacturing processes including progressive sheet metal forming, spinning, extruded aluminum and plastic, die cast aluminum, and injection molded plastics.
- Update designs of manufactured components to insure conformance to actual manufacturing methods.
- Structure Bills of Materials and organize all vendor electronic data of components, parts, and sub-assemblies.
- Aid in construction and testing of new product prototypes.
- Develop, prepare and review fixture installation instruction sheets and drawings.
- Be able to work within a team environment; managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude and able to work with customers, vendors and colleagues on all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Experience in product design using Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- A proven record of successful designs.
- Basic understanding of UL1598, Energy Star, and DLC preferred.
For consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.